Hi! I’m Lauren Zinn.
I’m a Philosopher, Jewish-Interfaith Educator, and Instructional Designer. I love developing lessons and activities that help students, parents, and leaders make religion relevant in our globalizing society.
I’m ENERGIZED by new ways to share wisdom from all religions as part of building an expanded identity for success in a global age. I empower parents with ideas for lessons that let them take part in creating a world of peace and justice, nurturing global citizenship, and deterring violent extremism. I keep current in my field, present at conferences, and constantly create and update new material. Giving youth a new relationship to religion — appropriate for a global age — is my joy.
What I bring to you:
• 15 years teaching philosophy and religion to children of interfaith families
• 15 years leading holiday programs for multi-faith families
• 15 years designing and officiating life cycle ceremonies
• 5 years teaching religion in a Jewish after-school program
• M.A. in Philosophy
• Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Educational Planning
• Seminary-Ordained Interfaith Minister (2002)
• Experience teaching Matt Lipman’s Philosophy for Children
• Certificate in Gaming-Simulations Studies
• Program Development, Lesson Design, Teacher Training
√ Browse my blog for ideas or attend an event.
√ Check my services, programs, and resources.
√ Join my email list for free updates and useful downloads.
√ See what people are saying about me.
√ Email me for a free 30 minute consultation.
Teaching global-minded religion is anything but boring. I’ve spoken to audiences of 2 to 2,000. I’ll gladly speak to yours!
“It was a real bonus to our celebration to have you speak. Your reflections were wonderful, as I expected they would be…You are such an asset to our work!” – Susan King, Interfaith Round Table Co-Director, Nov 2015
SPEAKING TOPICS & PRESENTATIONS
• Sunday School’s Evolution • A Religion Teacher Who Doesn’t Teach Religion
• Design Your First Interspiritual Program • Faces of Faith Interactive Program
• Jubilandia: The Food & Land Justice Gaming-Simulation • Listen to Your Life
Contact me for a captivating talk at your next event, conference, or service.
The logo, by cousin artist, David Zinn, is an optical illusion:
1. The energy of the figure is a “Z” for Zinn, in a rectangle for House; it is breaking through with a new perspective.
2. The figure is looking down to the left – kneeling – to signify inward prayer, meditation, and evolving consciousness.
3. The figure is looking up to the right – dancing – to signify
upward change, movement, and evolving culture.
Orange symbolizes enthusiasm, adventure, creativity, encouragement, determination, success, good health, and
© 2016 ZinnHouse
Sampling of organizations that hosted me as a speaker or presenter: